Projects & Proposal Engineer
NOV | United Arab Emirates, Dubai
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify the best technical and commercial solution for bids across NOV Production and Flow Technology – production /midstream equipment portfolio of products
- Work with the Sales, Service and Operations team to create proposals for new units and support existing installations
- Create and compile cost estimates for scope of work (design, Packaging and testing cost etc.,) to a level and accuracy required to support the specific bid
- Communicates with company's Legal, tax, HSE, quality and finance representatives to identify various project-related risks or concerns.
- Work closely with customer to understand the business requirement for the Proposal and project, develop effective working relationships and management processes for the project.
- Manage the project execution from Purchase order award until completion and delivery to the client by liaising with different department & personnel within the company including finance, logistics & procurement & engineering.
- Track and Facilitate day-to- day activities required to ensure the project is completed on time within budget, successfully, and in a manner consistent with Business unit requirements, departmental policies and terms and conditions of the contract
- Monitors & Control Project schedule and prepares reports on the progress status of the project (Internal as well as with the client)
- Define the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the project, and manage their development and delivery to ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements of the Business Unit.
- Adopting a proactive approach to identify risks related to project success. Create and maintain a project risk log, develop effective action plans for resolution as early as possible.
- Be conversant and ensure projects meet industry leading quality standards like ISO, API, ASME, ATEX, SIL etc.,
- Manage, monitor, and motive the cross functional team (including engineering disciplines) assigned to the project
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases. Ensure customer satisfaction and Manage client expectations of product and services.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and compliance/legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Create customer documentation & maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard
- Ensure personal compliance with all HSE legislation and HSE Company policy
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Ability to monitor and manage critical path elements of consolidated projects
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills, Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proven project management track record experience in handling complex Projects
- Leadership and effective decision-making capabilities and work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Negotiate skills
- Engineering Degree in related field with 5 to 7 years of Experience in Estimation/ Project management, packaging & Mechanical/Process.
- Experience in the estimation of capital equipment packages and Project Management
- Electrical installations, VFD & Control Panels (PLC based) knowledge & experience is a plus.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Capable of managing multiple projects & multitasker
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical with 5-7 years of experience, with 3 years in Project/Proposal Engineer as minimum
- API 674 Reciprocating Pump/Positive
- Displacement pump experience
- Strong Fundamental knowledge of Motors, Gearboxes, transmissions, hydraulic, pneumatic systems & engines.
- Previous Oil & Gas experience in the Middle East
Skills, training or special knowledge
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Experience in ERP systems – JDE, SAP & Oracle is a plus.
- Time management
- Organisational skills
- Team work and communication skills
- Participating & chairing meetings
- Understanding of engineering drawings