Oceaneering | USA, Hanover
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Develops detailed specifications and proposals based on initial customer requirements.
- Develops long-term relationships with customers.
- Develops objectives, schedules, and budgets for proposed solutions.
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Excellent technical judgment, and appreciable independent evaluation, creativity, and latitude in making decisions.
- Proactively manages technical risk throughout a project including hazard analysis and FMEA.
- Develops test plans and acceptance criteria, oversees test execution.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Interacts with customer technical representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Supports the Project Manager to maintain budget and schedule.
- Supports the Project Manager and Engineering leadership on the development of engineering and change lifecycle processes and procedures (ECR/ECO/CCB products and procedures)
- Uses team management skills to lead the engineering group’s technical efforts throughout system development.
- Assesses vendors for technical competence and capability.
- Travels to customer facilities for technical working sessions and system installations.
- Technical Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred. Commensurate experience is acceptable.
- At least five years engineering or Project Management experience in complex system design, manufacturing, and integration environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical groups toward the completion of technical objectives.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills for analyzing problems, preparing solutions and estimating budgets.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 design requirements, experience with Auto CAD or similar CAD drafting package, as well as general computer skills.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Active TS/SCI with CI poly required.
- US Citizen
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Strong working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems. Peoplesoft knowledge preferred.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- May be widely recognized for achievements, technical expertise, and professional standing within selected field.