Project Mechanical Engineer - Subsea
Oceaneering | USA, Hanover
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and apply advanced engineering analytical and design methods, theories and research techniques, to complex engineering projects.
- Coordinate and supervise an interdisciplinary design team of engineers, designers, drafters, technical writers, and technicians.
- Review progress and evaluate results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Technically manage projects of moderate scope.
- Estimate resource requirements to meet technical and scheduling objectives.
- Review and approve the completion and implementation of technical products to meet the customer requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent technical judgment, independent evaluation and innovative solutions to problems.
- Write test procedures, conduct tests, compile and evaluate test data, and complete required documentation.
- Interact with customer representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Participate in Technical Working Groups to assess and improve ADTECH processes and capabilities.
- Assist in bid and proposal efforts by providing cost estimations, technical approach definitions, and input to baseline schedule data.
- Domestic and international travel, including shipboard operations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering, from an accredited institution.
- 5-10 years of practical technical experience in the engineering process, including concept development, analysis, design, drawing, integration and testing of complex mechanical and/or ocean deployed systems.
- 7 years’ experience in design, manufacturing and/or testing of surface and subsea equipment, such as Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) and Launch and Recovery Systems (LARS).
- 2 or more years of management experience leading multidisciplinary design teams.
- Responsible for producing significant portions of individual project mechanical designs
- Field experience with marine and subsea operations highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical groups and interact with customer representatives.
- Proficiency in the application of current engineering software (i.e. SolidWorks, Matlab, etc), and Microsoft Office
- Able to apply an advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of mechanical engineering and an understanding of related engineering fields.
- Work closely with electrical, software, and systems engineers, as well as other cooperative disciplines, to solve problems and constructively architect a working system.
- Responsible and accountable for your results, working with considerable autonomy, but also knowing when to ask for assistance.
- Ability to obtain a United States Government Department of Defense Security Clearance (active clearances preferred, but not prerequisite)
- Desire to stretch and expand your talents, expertise, competency, and responsibilities.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Ocean Engineering or a related field, from an accredited institution.
- Exercise excellent technical judgement, creativity, and initiative with attention to detail consistently throughout your work product, with awareness of the “system” perspective.
- Strong communication, organizational and technical writing skills, including ability to effectively document, convey, and present engineering concepts and products to team members and customers.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the marine industry, fielding Ship Board systems and associated technologies.
- Hands-on abilities for assembling mechanical components.