Eco-tec, a Koch Separation Solutions company is currently looking for a Project Manager in Pickering, Ontario!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Primary KSS contact with customers during project execution.
- Primary responsibly to oversee and facilitate the execution of Systems orders coordinating the interaction of members of all contributing departments including: Process and Applications Engineering, Systems Engineering, Materials, Production and Technical Services to ensure Projects are executed on time and within budget.
- Fully understand project budget requirements and effectively communicate and manage budget with the entire project team.
- Ability to review and execute capital equipment, fluid handling process systems order proposals and contracts.
- Experience with estimating costs for capital equipment (materials, labour, and engineering).
- Experience with managing capital equipment schedules required for order execution.
- Maximize project profitably by identifying and coordinating the implementation of cost reduction opportunities and change orders through expanded scope.
- Co-ordinate with System Engineering personnel in the preparation of systems construction drawings, P&IDs, and controls programming, coordinating with KSS Process Engineering on the Sequence of Operation control philosophy for membrane Systems.
- Co-ordinate with Materials personnel to receive quotes for key components from local suppliers and sub-contractors and with Production to fabricate membrane systems.
- Ensure that System design complies with customer specifications and meets KSS and Eco-Tec design standards.
- Manage and document all communication with the client and sub-suppliers during project execution.
- Co-ordinate with Technical Service personnel conducting new system factory acceptance tests, training of customer’s operators and System start up and acceptance tests.
- Ability to read and understand detailed engineering specifications, drawings, and schematics.
- Experience with analyzing technical and financial reports associated with assigned projects.
What You Will Need:
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management including projects in the capital equipment industry (membrane technology a plus)
- Must have experience managing projects with values of $50K or more.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Candidates with hands on experience managing 1) capital equipment projects up to $5,000,000 or 2) capital equipment in the filtration / separations or membrane industry will be given preference.
- Experience directing sub-contractors who perform welding and assembly of fluid handling systems (pipes, valves, pumps, motors, etc.) and mechanical and electrical trade personnel.
- Knowledge of fluid handling components, pumps, motors and equipment system design requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering