Gulf Interstate Engineering | USA, Houston
Responsible for all phases of planning and execution on small to medium projects, with the potential of being assigned as the Project Manager for one specific technical aspects of a major project that involves all aspects of pipeline and pipeline facilities scope of work.
Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls engineering, procurement, and construction projects in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company. Supervises project personnel through subordinate leaders, and may serve as a proposal manager for small projects. Will periodically be required to participate and support Business Development activities in client presentations.
The Project Manager will report to the Director of Project Management and complete all aspects of the project to ensure it is executed on time, within budget, and in compliance with contractual requirements.
- Review and utilize Gulf procedures and work instructions as assigned to the Project Management group personnel.
- Direct the development of the project schedule, project budget, manpower staffing forecast and Project Execution Plan (PEP) for GIE Senior Management review and approval
- Revise the PEP on a timely basis to reflect material modifications to the scope of work, schedule and/or budget
- Monitor, control and report all expenses and budgetary spending
- Monitor project execution and ensure compliance with GIE procedures and work instructions
- Trend Management
- Manage the client relationship and coordinate with GIE Business Development Group for identifying potential future projects
- Function as primary source of contact with the client for correspondence related to the Project
- Direct, evaluate and coordinate the project activities of the assigned Project Engineer, Coordinator and Engineering/Design/GIS project team members.
- Update and confirm staffing availability complies with manpower plan adequate to meet project needs
- Review all drawings, specifications and quotations prior to submission to clients
- Responsible for all training, employee evaluations, and manpower issues on the project
- Fully responsibility for the success of the project and client satisfaction
- Normally requires a BS degree in appropriate discipline and at least 7 years of related experience, with typical experience ranging from 10 to 15 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience dealing with clients
- Knowledge of engineering computer software programs
- Strong leadership and motivational skills