BHP | Australia, Brisbane
Reporting to the Superintendent – Asset Engineering, this role will see you provide team leadership and project management expertise to drive world class delivery of assigned projects.
This role plans, controls and executes multi-discipline projects (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Technology) across multiple BMA mine sites.
As part of a highly collaborative team, you will work with all internal and external stakeholders and manage engineering and construction contractors to achieve the right outcome for the business.
This role allows for professional development and the opportunity to step-up as part of succession planning.
This role is Brisbane based, however site travel is a requirement of the role.
In this role you will:
- Lead your team in the delivery of safe work practices that comply with the respective Sites Safety and Health Management System (SHMS);
- Deliver and maintain project documentation in compliance to the BHP Small Project Management Framework (SMPF) standards;
- Manage application of Project Management processes within the team to support compliance with Site requirements and GLDs;
- Manage costs to budget and be accountable for regular forecasting and rectifying variances;
- Ensure compliance to Engineering Standards for assigned projects;
- Monitor progress and rectify variances to plan;
- Identify and manage resourcing changes with assigned projects;
- As assigned - Progress feasibility studies, cost-benefits analyses, impact assessments and project business cases to obtain the required project approvals;
- Challenge and coach delivery team through KPI/objective setting and development as well as mentoring;
- Manage the Change Control process for assigned projects;
- Drive continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role you will be an effective leader and a collaborative communicator with the ability to manage multiple business priorities simultaneously. Strong interpersonal skills are essential, allowing you to influence while also enabling you to build relationships across departments and to communicate with disciplines at all levels. You will have the ability to manage stakeholders across multiple geographical regions and thrive in ambiguous environments. You will be action oriented and strategically focused with superior problem solving, decision making and influencing skills.
You will have a detailed understanding of project management, engineering principles, standards and processes. You will need to be tertiary qualified in Engineering or have equivalent trade and industry experience to support the technical support requirements of the role as well as strong mentoring skills. Mining industry, rail and SAP experience will be an advantage. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated execution and study experience.