Acteon | Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
UTEC, part of Acteon Group, is one of the world’s largest independent offshore and onshore survey providers. We provide a wide range of survey, positioning and data management services using the most advanced equipment and techniques. The data we generate provides our clients with the information they need to make critical, well informed, business decisions.
UTEC are currently looking to hire a Project Manager is responsible for safely and profitably executing assigned projects, initiating and encouraging communication between all concerned parties including customers, suppliers, and both onshore and offshore Company staff.
This role will be based in the UTEC office in Kuala Lumpur.
- Manage complete lifecycle of projects, from award phase, through planning, execution, monitoring, completion and closeout phases, as well as post-completion evaluation and review
- Oversee project execution and be responsible for identification, documentation, and action on contractual variations as they arise;
- Complete project risk assessments prior to mobilization
- Confirm transfer of project material generated during the bid stage to project teams, including contract requirements, technical specifications, and commercial terms needed for proper execution of projects
- Advise Operations Management of personnel requirements for projects
- Source project equipment both internally and externally for project execution
- Liaise with clients on Company execution of projects and recording of Key Performance Indicators
- Identify and mitigate potential technical, commercial, QHSE risks for assigned projects
- Advise Operations Management of personnel requirements and liaise with internal logistics personnel to coordinate offshore staff and equipment mobilization
- Conduct site and client visits as required
- Monitor project costs (3rd party and internal) against revenue on a daily basis, and provide weekly and monthly tracking reports of estimated revenues and costs
- Liaise with Cost Controller to ensure timely and accurate tracking of financials
- Regularly review project costs within the timeframe required for accounting department to process and report at regional monthly P&L meeting
- Create/Approve supplier Purchase Orders and invoices (within your authority and responsibility) for procurement within the timeframe required for the accounting department to process and report at regional monthly P&L meeting
- Conduct personnel performance reviews/appraisals for your direct reports, and provide specific performance data/feedback to supervisors of non-direct reports assigned to your projects
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience within the offshore survey industry with experience of Deep Water Construction required
- Must be team-oriented & possess a positive attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is essential
- Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision