Bechtel | Saudi Arabia, Sharma
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and operational guidance from Construction Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative direction to Area Field Engineers. Provides technical direction to Package Managers and Field Engineers. May provide technical supervision to craft personnel.
- Jobsite contacts are with jobsite personnel including superintendents and subcontractors related to construction engineering and the customer’s engineering and operating personnel to coordinate technical and verification activities.
- Develops and recommends the construction engineering organization for approval by the Construction Manager and prepares employee requisitions.
- Coordinates with engineering on constructability and design issues. Establishes a Design/Field Engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the Project Engineer including agreement on engineering deliverables. Responsible for quantity verification, control, reporting and forecasting.
- Acts as Temporary Works Coordinator, or ensures these duties are discharged by another member of the Field Engineering or (sub)contractor’s team.
- Coordinates and monitors the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the jobsite.
- Develops and ensures the implementation of the project construction procedures from the Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs). Coordinates any deviations from SWPPs.
- Coordinates with the superintendents and subcontractors to plan construction schedules.
- Directs the review of material submissions. Directs the reviews of onsite material warehousing to assure delivery of correct materials.
- Liaises with the Project Quality Manager in the administration the construction quality program.
- Coordinates subcontract activities to ensure materials, equipment and quality comply with design plans and specifications.
- Plans and recommends procedures to be implemented by superintendents to ensure (sub)contractor’s construction operations are within requirements of engineering design and specifications.
- Directs the maintenance of (sub)contractor’s engineering records for handover and job history.
- Implements controls over variables affecting job progress to ensure engineering and procurement provide timely delivery of drawings, materials and equipment and to ensure that other corporate programs are fully utilized.
- Performs employee reviews for construction personnel and assists in their development. Ensures that construction personnel receive progressive training.
- Assesses needs and develops Field Engineering Training Plan for the project.
- Reviews and provides input to the project staffing plan for construction engineers and associated personnel.
- Coordinates with the Construction Manager on contract administration and activities affecting the contract administration operation.
- Administers assigned subcontracts to ensure completeness and that they are up to date.
- Administers major subcontract changes and represents the company in major contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Technical knowledge of all phases of construction engineering relating to a single discipline interfacing with all areas, or in a multi-discipline position assigned to a single area.
- Thorough knowledge of construction activities as they relate to engineering disciplines, cost and scheduling, and contract administration.
- Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
This knowledge is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Actual work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the technical knowledge described above.