- Manage Project [field] engineering activities during the delivery of one or more projects.
- Oversee the day to day activities of the Project [Field] Engineers, ensuring that the appropriate level of assurance and supervision is being implemented.
- Develop and maintain a detailed resourcing plan.
- Provide technical and contractual support to the Project [Field] Engineers.
- Monitor compliance with ES&H.
- Actively promote a positive safety culture and monitor compliance with ES&H.
- Review construction quality plans and inspection plans.
- Perform construction quality assurance and control (surveillance and monitoring) on design and build projects.
- Review and comment on contractor RAMS for submittal to the P2W permit system
- Prepare daily reports setting out the relevant information including but not limited to site and weather conditions, plant, labour and material resources, material deliveries, work locations, work activities undertaken, safety performance and any issues, quality performance and any issues raised etc
- Assist Project Manager’s in the management of RFI’s, Change requests and Technical Queries.
- Assist managers and the PSDP to review the Project Safety File.
- Establish and agree KPI’s to measure contract performance.
- Manage and close out construction defects.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of the NEC Supervisor. They will act as an independent body to the Project Manager.
- 15+ years’ experience on major Civil/Building works projects in the aviation sector.
- Experience in airport construction projects at international airports or in similarly highly regulated environments is preferable
- Tangible experience of documenting best practice construction development and implementation frameworks, policies and standards.
- Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across the organization influencing the improvement of process and guidance to support project delivery.
- Knowledge of NEC and FIDIC suite of contracts.
- Experience in contract management and administration across several contract types.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in relevant subject area e.g. engineering, construction, project management required, with a relevant post graduate degree preferable
- Chartered member of a relevant professional body preferred e.g. Chartered Engineer (MICE, IEI or equivalent)