Project Engineering Manager
- Within the framework of our Projects in the AMEC region, we are looking for an experienced Project Engineering Manager to join our AMEC Project Engineering Management Department.
- You will be in charge of the installation of subsea structures, launched jacket and deck/topside floatover. You will prepare the missions and then support the offshore people during the operations. Your interface will be at the heart of the project and you will ensure the liaison between the Client, the suppliers, the operational people and the design teams.
- The Project Engineering Manager plans and coordinates the technical expertise and services required to ensure successful delivery of projects. This scope includes studies and tenders as well as live projects. The resources and competence required to deliver the project will be provided by the Engineering Departments and agreed at the outset of the project with the Engineering Department Manager and/or Engineering Director.
- The Project Engineering Manager will contribute to business development and marketing internally to the company's employees as well as externally to the Clients as required, support the pursuit of project opportunities and identify/implement the resources and training necessary. Responsibilities may include business development, budget control, project & resource management, engineering operations, performance management, training and all other related business activities.
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Responsible to Project Manager for the delivery to project of all engineering requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that standard of engineering services provided complies with corporate standards and Client specifications along with appropriate legislation.
- Manage the engineering resources and interfaces on a project to achieve successful delivery.
- Interface with discipline leads and/or group leads to ensure deliverable schedule is being met and budget is on track.
- Ensure schedule of engineering is linked to procurement activities, package and fabrication supply.
- Develop man-hour estimates and subsequent engineering schedule for implementation to suit overall project plan, taking responsibility for delivery.
- Identify project resource requirements and liaise with Engineering Resource Coordinators to ensure availability and allocation.
- Promote and facilitate project team awareness of company QA and HSE procedures.
- Ensure that all procedures and methods of work developed have considered the safety of personnel and assets to minimise loss.
- Ensure all documents are checked and approved and have relevant circulations.
- Actively engage in the project risk assessment and mitigation processes.
- Ensure engineering on the project team is effective and quality driven.
- Agree and monitor performance objectives with direct reports.
- Ensure that project teams maximise Group knowledge management tools.
- Manage and participate in technical audits of projects and studies.
AUTHORITY / DIMENSIONS:
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy Statement.
- Operate according to Subsea 7's Management Principles.
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering Function.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS:
- Subcontractors and suppliers for engineering and procurement activity.
- Clients for Technical Reviews, and input into tenders and studies.
- Relevant professional bodies and institutions of learning.
- Project Managers / Directors
- Engineering Department Managers
- Engineering Director
- HSEQ, Supply Chain Management, Project Controls and Planning Managers
- Engineering Compliance
- Offshore Manager(s) and Supervisors
- Engineering Resources Management Team
- Subsea 7 – AMEC Project Engineering Department.
- Graduated of Engineering with 15 years of experience as a minimum in engineering on Oil & Gas related installation conventional projects.
- 5 years minimum of Management experience with the ability to lead an engineering team across multiple projects.
- Sound technical knowledge and proven experience of launched jacket installation and deck/topsides float-over installation.
- Sound communication skills, oral, written and electronic.
- Ability to prioritise own and others’ workload.
- Ability to manage time and change control accordingly and direct team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, Client and suppliers.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints.
- A fluent level in English (spoken, written and read) is essential.