Project Engineering Manager
GE | Australia, North Sydney
- Involves coordination with/ across the Customer, project management, other project functions, engineering disciplines, product lines, commercial operations (if applicable), Architectural/ Engineering Service providers, Partners
- Implies collaboration and close, responsive, and productive working relationships GE internally as well as with external Customers and Partners
- Ensures GEs technical credibility and brand.
- Responsible for technical project management, technical direction and coordination of related engineering activities, ensuring deliverables on time, on quality and on budget and compliant with GE rules, Customer contract requirements and EHS standards allowing safe construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance
- Provides clear communication to his/ her project team and peers, and the project as well as the line leadership team.
- Implementation of the project strategy, manages engineering budget, monitors costs, drives productivity and communicates EAC’s (estimates at completion)
- Progress and fulfilment of the engineering schedule
- Ensures and keeps updated manpower requirement in line with the time schedule (follow-up, forecast)
- Leads technical issue resolution to the satisfaction of internal and external Customers.
- Participates in final technical contract negotiations, supports the tender negotiation team, if required.
- Manages the technical hand-over for the plant scope from post award
- Reviews, analyses and leads the engineering team in respect of contractual requirements (Customer specifications, codes and standards for the design) and provides input for related decision making
- Reaches agreement on the scope of supply, division of work, engineering related items of Consortium Agreement, engineering budget and deliverables
- Based on the review, identifies the need for additional design review or support from New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Ensures that deviations to the tender concepts are approved only after proper validation in cooperation with the Inquiry-To-Order (ITO)-core team members
- Reviews the TCP (Transactional Compliance Plan) and ensures applicable regulatory compliance requirements are communicated to their team
- Coordinates with Project Quality Manager and Compliance Project Engineer and Design Engineering as needed to ensure scope compliance
- Provides engineering input to the project strategy
- Establishes and ensures with procurement the implementation of the engineering procurement plan
- Coordinates & communicates the project specific tool set-up to the team and ensures application across the team, Customer and partner (if any) in particular of the Customer drawing collaboration tool.
- Reviews and comments the project specific time schedule in order to ensure its suitability, by considering the integration of the products and the TKP-Partner, if applicable
- Attends and contributes to technical or Project Management meetings with the Customer and/ or the project team, TKP-Partners and/or design representatives (A/E's)
- Contributes to the preparation of reports and other presentations required for Customer or internal communication
- Leads regular coordination meetings with the team and ensure smooth communication
- Ensures follow up and timely response on technical issues and agreements, internally and externally
- Performs technical risk assessment and input to the centralized project risk and opportunity management
- Drives risk mitigation to meet contract requirements (schedule, performance and cost) and provides direction to the team, and ensures follow-up; calls for decision, if required.
- Ensures adequate system function, performance, interface, constructability, reliability, maintainability and safety requirements, according to the project and contractual requirements at an optimum cost
- Drives consistent technical solutions across the project
- Proactively drives collaboration and communication of changes in deliverables, internally and externally
- Supports project claim negotiations and prepares the relevant documentation and facts
- Clarifies and supports site in all technical issues, reviews Non Conformance Reports (NCRs) and expedite resolution
- Reviews and checks Field Modification Instructions for implementation
Qualifications / Requirements
- At least a bachelor of Engineering from a well-known institution (Masters/PhDs are welcomed)
- At least 10 years industry experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of Australia codes and standards is mandatory
- Power stations experience
- Team player, who can establish effective working relationships at all levels, motivate the project team to deliver
- Flexibility to travel frequently to the project site in NSW
- Passionate about engineering
- Strong individual who is self-driven
- Good project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders at the same time
- Proactive & meticulous