Worley | Australia, Perth
We are looking for a Project Engineer to join the Wagerup team at Alcoa on a 12-month fixed term basis with the view of a long-term career option. Reporting into the Project Manager, your responsibilities will include;
- Comply with all relevant legislation and maintain a strong commitment to personal and team safety and health.
- Ensure that HSE requirements are aligned with customer policy and procedures, documented and understood by all project participants
- Acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge and awareness of the workplace environment to identify and manage work hazards and incidents.
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships
- Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Effectively manages assigned budgets within WorleyParsons’ total scope.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Contributes to the development of overall project schedule.
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Focus the relevant team members on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager/Contract Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Set clear objectives to the design team, including achieving productivity and budget targets.
- Facilitate all design reviews, HAZOP’s, LOPA’s and any other process related design change requirements.
- Assess procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
- Engineering degree qualification
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in leading a discipline design group.
- Ablility to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment and assists others with adapting to change.
Benefits to you
- A supportive work environment where innovation is inspired, and new ideas are encouraged;
- The opportunity and support to develop your career globally;
- Continuous learning with hands- on onsite experience;
- A competitive remuneration package plus additional employee benefits;
- A global company commitment to all things related to health, safety and the environment