- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical co-ordination interface with client to ensure that the client's expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Visibly support Worley One-Way Program and maintain HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements included in design and procurement.
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships and resolve project issues as required with the client.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Effectively manage assigned budgets within Worley' total scope.
- Ensure compliance with WPMP.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply effective change control process.
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Contribute to supporting and complying with Worley policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Focus the relevant team members on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks in the risk register and proactively search for other areas in the project which may be a risk in the future.
- Set clear objectives to the design team and manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Ensure the design team aware of, and complies with, client's requirements and applicable regulations and codes.
- Assist as required the procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
What you will bring
- Technical and Industry Experience
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in leading a discipline design group.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
Required for Project Engineer (5 to 8 years Experience)
- A recognised engineering degree in the any Engineering Discipline .
- Design Engineering, Project Management and/or Construction preferably with an Engineering Consultant/Contractor.
- Good Communication Skills – Verbal, Non Verbal & Written.
- Understanding of Primavera/ MS Project Schedule for Project Program.
- People Savvy to maintain effective and cordial relationship with other departments.
- Having a Team Player Attitude.
- Ability to assist the Project Manager for Project Documentation like Execution Plan, Objectives, Priorities, Directives, Constraints, Progress Reports, Management Reports etc. around Design, Procurement, Construction/Commissioning supervision, costs and resources.
- Troubleshooting any issues that come-up during Project Execution.
Project Management Activities
- Organize and manage the project team, for successfully achieving Project objectives and completing the project.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Procurement and Construction.
- Monitor and control Project Schedule, Costs, Risks, Safety requirements and Quality requirements.
- Collect payments from the Client, including following up any accounts receivables.