Project Engineer TEKLA (M/F)
TechnipFMC | France, Paris
As a design specialist under the following 3D modeling software, TEKLA / E3D / Revit BIM / S3D, you will be in charge of the modeling of metal frame structures mainly, and concrete more exceptionally, as part of our various projects
You will work within a design office team, in pairs with one or more structural engineers, and report to your business manager. Depending on the technical and conceptual requirements of the projects (traditional industrial framework, modular structures, industrial buildings, other) you will have to:
- Read and apply the Study instructions related to the use of the software. Comment on them if they are insufficient.
- Set up TEKLA's settings at the start of the project (catalogs, templates, etc.)
- In collaboration with the structural engineer, model the structures in TEKLA (structures, pipe rack, building framework, the platform on equipment, etc.), respecting the graphic standards of the project.
- Extract the plans according to the different expected levels of detail and ensure the necessary additional dressing of the 2D plans.
- Model in TEKLA using the available macros and propose the improvement of the latter according to project needs
- Work methodically with the other designers of the project (respect the hierarchy structure, numbering, identification…).
- Assist, if possible, the project teams of the specialty in the use of TEKLA, during the conceptual phase and the documentary production phase.
- Review / correct the TEKLA models of our study subcontractors or carpenters
- Promote and implement TEKLA's "smart" features to improve our computer-aided design (CAD) efficiency.
- Participate in data exchanges between 3D tools (PDMS, E3D, S3D….) From the TEKLA tool.
- Supervise, if necessary, one or two other TEKLA designers by checking that they follow the working methods specific to 3D tools in an integration context.
You are meant for this job if you have/ are:
- Self-taught or from a school specializing in 3D modeling, you have 5 years of proven experience in the use of TEKLA, preferably in the industrial and structural steel fields, (large structures) and in the manufacture and monitoring of framework.
- Mobile internationally
- Solid oral and written communication skills in English
Your future at TechnipFMC
- Potential career path, if possible
- Global mobility opportunities if relevant
- Training and development
- Diverse and international team if relevant