Suncor | Canada, Fort McMurray, Alberta
You will use your expertise to:
- Manage schedule and budget to deliver cost effective project
- Manage project change to deliver on the project mandate
- Write/create, review project deliverables such as Scopes of work, Construction work packages, Requests for Proposal
- Coordinate development of scopes of work as the basis for contract award and management.
- Assist with the front end development of projects.
- Participate in factory acceptance tests (FATs) and ensure tests are executed as planned.
- Participate in site acceptance tests (SATs) and ensure tests are executed as planned.
- Participate in pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Ensure test plans and procedures are implemented correctly and testing meets all procedural requirements.
- Conduct site walk downs independently.
- Work independently and take initiative to research information to complete assignments within the budgeted time.
- Work with other disciplines in the projects.
- Work with Contractors, EPCs, vendors and project teams in a multi-discipline work environment.
- Ensure compliance with Suncor standards, procedures and processes.
- Foster an integrated team environment with all functional partners in project delivery.
- We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation Engineering
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientist of Alberta (APEGA)
- Ten or more years in electrical and instrumentation (E&I) and/or maintenance and reliability engineering
- A valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Knowledgeable in the preparation and review of engineering deliverables, such as control narratives, single line diagrams, wiring diagrams, CWP etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead E&I system lifecycle projects (MCC/VFD/Relays etc.), knowledge of electrical principles, systems, and switching procedures
- Proven ability to perform quality assurance/quality control of engineering deliverables, improve procedures, lead improvement opportunities and adherence to MOC process