Project Engineer (Riser & Analyses)
Subsea7 | UK, London - Sutton
Under the responsibility of the RIAU lead engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Understand Client needs develop specification for Suppliers.
- Interface with project team, engineering teams (welding, installation methods, operation, materials, …) and SCM,
- Support the selection of the Supplier through technical bid evaluation
- Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API 17J, DNVGL-ST-F201, API RP 2STD, 2RD, DNVGL-ST-N001); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in-place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
- Perform the in-place design analysis with OrcaFlex, as per design brief and basis,
- Develop the documentation package and the studies linked to the sizing and analysis of the dynamic riser system / static jumper system.
- Be aware of the overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her scope of work.
- Ensure progress and compliance of the supplier in close interface with SCM function
- Provide engineering assistance during mobilisations and occasional periods of offshore or site working, including FATs, SITs, Pre-commissioning, etc.
- Ensure that know-how is transferred within the discipline. Attend to discipline meeting as required.
Capability profile – Knowledge, skills, experience
- MSc or PhD in mechanical engineering/hydrodynamics, with relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, with experiences of riser systems analysis (rigid, flexible or umbilical).
- You are proficient in FEA modelling and you know well OrcaFlex software.
- Your English is fluent
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to Drafting Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Interest for analyses work
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined systems engineering team
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability in Vendor and 3rd Party interface
- Ability in working in multicultural group
Systems where a further knowledge is desirable
- Installation Analyses
- Naval architecture,
- Flexible pipe design
- Offshore experience
- Python knowledge
- Majority of the work is carried out in the regional main office site - Sutton
- Offshore / Off-site location during project Execution phase as required.
- Working hours according to local regulation and Company's policy