Project Engineer - Mechanical
Core Grouting Services Ltd (coregrouting.com) is an engineering service company that works within the oil and gas and offshore renewables construction industry. We are seeking a project engineer to support with our current project work load, project bids and equipment development.
As a smaller business within the Acteon (acteon.com) group of companies, Core Grouting Services offers the entrepreneurial and growth opportunities of a start-up with the long-term security of a larger company. This means that there is the opportunity and freedom for individuals to really make a significant impact on the growth and direction of the business.
The ideal candidate will have some engineering experience, have a practical aptitude as well as the attention to detail that is required to be a key part of our project team.
Roles and Key Areas of Responsibility
- Preparation of project method statements, shipping documentation and weekly project reporting
- Liaising with clients throughout the project duration, attending hazard identification, risk assessment meetings (HIRA) and project close out meetings
- Managing project planning events to ensure project and contract requirements are implemented during the offshore phase of the project e.g. logistics, personnel movements and equipment/spares purchasing
- Ensuring material testing is completed as detailed in QA/QC documentation, providing accurate and consistent data
- Responsible for implementing safe work practice for crew members, to ensure safe and successful project delivery
- Complete offshore trips on designated projects to support delivery; managing laboratory, daily documentation and liaising with the onshore team where required
- Qualification in Engineering (preferably civil, mechanical, chemical or structural engineering)
- Excellent level of written English
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including report writing
- Must be proactive and be able to work to own initiative
- Desirous of career with offshore working
- Reports to: Head of Projects/Senior Project Engineer
- Works with: Engineers, offshore supervisors & technicians, equipment engineers and administration at all levels;
- External relationships: Clients, suppliers, sister company staff and other subcontractors in the same working environment
Cork, Cork (Corcaigh), Ireland