Honeywell | USA, Torrance
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
- When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
- That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
- Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow us @honeywell_aerospace. The Project Engineering role will be responsible for the analysis, design and development of advanced Turbomachinery products. The Torrance Turbomachinery group includes Air Cycle Machines, Air Foil Barings and Fans to be used in aerospace applications. Specific responsibilities include:
Leading teams in the design, development and qualification of Fan, Air Cycle Machine, and Air Foil Bearing programs which meet customer and internal requirements, including management and accurate and timely reporting of program budget, schedule, and technical issues.
Implementing development and qualification test objectives, writing test procedures, and overseeing the preparation of test units, overseeing tests, coordinating activities to reduce test data, and preparing test reports.
Support of Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) activities associated with development, production and field service problems.
Key Responsibilities: Support new Turbomachinery proposals, Support planning turbomachinery development projects, Support Execution turbomachinery development projects, Support legacy turbomachinery production issues, Support process improvements
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Six Sigma Greenbelt certified preferred.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Some experience in turbo machinery or other high-speed rotating equipment design, development and/ or project engineering activities.
- Able to work with internal groups such as engineering sciences, design, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, business ops etc. to ensure that program objectives are achieved.
- Able to build and maintain strong business relationships with external customers and to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Skilled in conveying technical ideas and concepts through team discussions, presentations and in writing.
- Experience with Design-to-Cost (DTC) activities, manufacturing processes and techniques.