Fluor | South Africa, Durban
This position reports to the Project Director and performs Project Engineering responsibilities on multiple Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCm) projects, with key performance areas as follows:
- Perform basic project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems
- Supports efforts of technical disciplines to ensure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements
- Support design efforts with vendors and licensors to ensure proper and complete integration
- Participate in worksharing in accordance with distributed execution plan among multiple offices
- Other duties as assigned
Please Note:This position is contingent upon contract award.
Basic Job Requirements
- B .Sc Engineering , B.Engineering , BTech Engineering
- Post Graduate qualification in Project Management [PMP Certification, PM Diploma etc.]
- 5 Years of Project Engineering Experience in an EPCm environment.
- 5 Years of Design Engineering Experience in an EPCm environment.
- Experience managing multi-discipline and multi projects.
- Previous Project Management experience with Petrochemical Refineries.
ECSA Professional Registration Preferred.
Other Job Requirements
- Make use of Fluor University courses for continued learning experiences
- Continue development by undertaking required in-house project management courses
- Utilize knowledge management communities to capture, support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution
- May participate at vendor trade shows and become familiar with the new technologies and industry business direction
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) industry including the performance of functional tasks on projects with a basic understanding of procedures and interfaces
- Customer focused with ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships while meeting the company’s needs
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, accountability, and adaptability skills
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and task
- Proactive reporting of progress and accomplishments of assignments and apply necessary follow-up to monitor progress and results of project tasks and assignments
- Analytical approach to problem solving and identifying potential solutions
- Technical writing skills
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, email, spreadsheets, electronic presentations, and project management tools
- Certification in project management suggested, for example Project Management Professional (PMP)