The purpose of this position is to plan and perform work requiring sound technical judgment in the evaluation, organization, and execution of project management assignments worldwide. This role has the responsibility to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below with the overall objective of managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and Fluor profitability of the completed project. Performing assigned general duties of limited scope and level of responsibility, this entry-level position is designed to develop broader project management knowledge and experience. This role learns about and applies established procedures and techniques in accomplishment of work activities.
- Perform basic project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems
- Supports efforts of technical disciplines to ensure integrated and complete designs that meet project requirements
- Support design efforts with vendors and licensors to ensure proper and complete integration
- Participate in worksharing in accordance with distributed execution plan among multiple offices
- Other duties as assigned
Please Note:This position is contingent upon contract award.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and four (4) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background desired
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
- Make use of Fluor University courses for continued learning experiences
- Continue development by undertaking required in-house project management courses
- Utilize knowledge management communities to capture, support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution
- May participate at vendor trade shows and become familiar with the new technologies and industry business direction
- Must be able to use client’s capital database system to track and monitor project business case, financials and close out.
- Must be able to work in a team environment that may require working different shifts pending project schedule.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) industry including the performance of functional tasks on projects with a basic understanding of procedures and interfaces
- Customer focused with ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships while meeting the company’s needs
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, accountability, and adaptability skills
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and task
- Proactive reporting of progress and accomplishments of assignments and apply necessary follow-up to monitor progress and results of project tasks and assignments
- Analytical approach to problem solving and identifying potential solutions
- Technical writing skills
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, email, spreadsheets, electronic presentations, and project management tools
- Certification in project management suggested, for example Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering degree
* Highly prefer local candidates from the Newburgh, Indiana area