Georgia-Pacific | USA, Antioch
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Project Engineer in Antioch, CA. This position will manage project safety performance, compliance, production, quality, cost control and all other typical performance measures associated with the role. The position will work closely with the organization's Safety, Environmental, Maintenance, and Site Leadership Team members.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Seek out innovative ideas to drive change Build project teams Manage capabilities
- Own project records
- Lead single or multiple capital projects while gaining knowledge, developing subject matter expertise to be recognized that create value and competitive advantage.
- Project oversight through direct support to operating group, design team, field teams, and management in the form of process calculations, general arrangement layouts, drawings estimates, cost management / forecasting, scheduling, manage escalations to resolution, report out on safety successes/failures, regularly report on tracking metrics, reprioritization and reallocation of resources as appropriate, assist in creating plan adjustments where applicable, consistently apply knowledge acquired across entire network as needed and when applicable.
- Subject Matter Expert: Provide guidance to operating management, field teams, discuss progress with Senior Leadership, present data validating project priority/status, implement existing/new technology that will enhance processes, quality, and/or product yield; and identify and gain endorsement for scope and deliverable changes necessary to ensure success.
- Vendor Management: Identification, assessment of services for understanding and alignment of Georgia Pacific’s ’s expectations and approach to doing business, and escalations.
- Provide technical coaching to project teams, influence senior leadership to best business outcomes, leverage Risk Management System in emphasizing safety commitment among project teams.
- Adhere to compliance and company standards and ensure expectations are followed through project completion.
What You Will Need:
- 4 year engineering degree
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- Excellent communication skills
- 3 years experience as project engineer
What Will Put You Ahead?
- IT experience (site networking, hardware initiatives, etc.)