Responsibilities / Duties
- Leads project execution and coaches team on application of the Global Project Methodology (GPM) work process or equivalent project execution work process
- Provides overall planning and organization during Front End Loading (FEL), design and construction.
- Establishes clear scopes, schedules, staffing needs and cost estimates to enable adequate control during execution.
- Closely monitors project cost and progress, taking action to ensure goals for cycle-time, cost, and quality are met.
- Serves as the leader of the project within their discipline. Has accountability for project results and for the implementation of and adherence to all relevant work processes and best practices.
- Coordinates all design engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
- Leads the project execution planning including contracting strategy development.
- Analyzes project risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Initiates, monitors, and updates the project schedule and estimate.
- Manages change to established scope and baselines.
- Identifies and takes corrective action to ensure the project goals for cycle-time, cost, and quality are met.
- Delivers as-built and operations/maintenance documentation to the facility.
- Leads the completion of deliverables provided to estimating and reviews output of the estimate to ensure accurate reflection of scope.
- Leads technical contract package development and supports implementation.
- Drives value engineering and economic designs to ensure the best value is delivered to the business.
- Manages project related changes effectively ensuring appropriate stakeholder communications across all levels of organization.
- Possess strong sense of ownership and are accountable for the success of their projects.
- Shows a high degree of ownership and exercises a no-change mentality after projects scope is defined
- Show courageous leadership by coaching, asking questions, and intervening when needed. Challenge status quo and past norms to make the project more effective and safe.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 7 years project, engineering, manufacturing or related experience required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Note: Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role and may be provided based on eligibility.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others