How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!The Research Automation and Engineering team is dedicated to the successful conception, design, development, integration and support of novel machines and instruments, automated processes and other enabling technologies to be used within the company. The qualified candidate would work in close partnership with members of our scientific and engineering community, in a team environment, to deliver business impactful engineered solutions.
In this role, typical job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Identify critical needs, technical requirements, and implement new and existing solutions that measurably improve productivity, quality, and safety of research activities.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, engineering technicians and researchers to prioritize work, develop and deliver internal automation solutions to Corteva research facilities such as greenhouses, laboratories, seed processing facilities and field research stations.
- Utilize AutoCAD and SolidWorks CAD software to design and document engineering solutions.
- Develop and assemble proof of concept and prototype devices/instruments within a hands-on setting utilizing machine shop tools and equipment.
- Develop and refine research and production processes ensuring they are lean, cost effective, data-driven and safety focused.
- Deliver, document and test new and existing engineered solutions as necessary.
- Work in a team environment within a large, diverse organization, leveraging the skills of others while continuing to build upon your own.
- Collaborate with outside vendors to leverage their knowledge, skills and technologies in the development of new products and processes.
- Work in a business casual environment with flexible work/life opportunities.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
The following requirements MUST be met for consideration of this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ engineering experience.
- Proven experience with 3D and 2D CAD software (SolidWorks and AutoCAD preferred but not required).
- Proven experience in a hands-on setting developing, assembling and testing electromechanical solutions.
- Strong aptitude and desire for innovation and operational excellence.
- Have the right to work in the U.S. without restriction.
In addition to these requirements, we are seeking candidates who have demonstrated the following core competencies:
- Individuals must be self-motivated, have demonstrated personal initiative, have excellent organization skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Interested in learning new skills, gaining knowledge of Corteva business processes and investigating new technologies to support cutting-edge projects.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.