Project Development Engineer
Shell | Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Make A Difference
- If you are a Project Development Engineer with experience in in process engineering design, process design integration for projects or plant changes, chemical product development, design and/or engineering, then this role is for you.
What’s the Role?
- The Project Development Engineer is integral to the delivery of Shell MDS’ Vision 2028. You will nurture the SMDS Culture of Lead with Courage, Make it Happen and Make it Better that will drive the site to Best in Class performance as the World’s Leading Gas-to-Liquids Specialties facility.
- You will be accountable for providing quality front-end process engineering design, technical expertise and sustainable solutions for the front-end Pre-DG3 development of projects and plant changes in Shell MDS according to Shell, regulatory and local standards and requirements.
- You will also be responsible for to support the leadership and capability development in the areas of process engineering and front-end project development to meet the plant’s business objectives. You will effectively and efficiently execute project development activities, leveraging learnings and applying continuous improvement throughout the project development processes. This is a position that has technical responsibilities to support the organization towards achieving its yearly goals.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Manage healthy interface within department, ensure alignment, sufficient quality assurance and resource support to meet target.
- Effectively execute the project development activities in accordance to HSSE standards.
- Lead and deliver process engineering design activities for projects or plant changes as the Shell MDS process integrator.
- Lead and develop business case for minor/major project proposal by providing the feasibility study/key investigation in the project Assess phase, and front-end process design for the Basis of Design and Process Design Package in the project Select/Define phase.
- Provide sound process engineering expertise and developing sustainable technical solutions to drive progress towards delivery of Shell MDS’ Vision 2028 milestones and measurables.
- Provide technology support to the CSU activities of additional facilities of existing plant and new facilities/projects.
- Support in closing all process engineering deliverables as part of project and plant changes, including providing technical expertise and support to post implementation review of MOC, minor projects and plant changes, participate in lesson learned documentation and knowledge management.
- Uphold the Technology Vision and Purpose, as well as ensure people work in accordance to their pre-defined competence standards.
- Provide active support to the Shell MDS Leadership and Site Governance Elements of Goal Zero, People Reliability, Innovation, Cost and Projects & Turnaround.
- Undertake special assignments or tasks as directed by Project Development and R&D Manager
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or Equivalent with 3+ years of oil & gas experience
- Experience in process engineering design, process design integration for projects or plant changes, chemical product development, design and/or engineering.
- Experience in demonstrating excellent communication skills and building relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leadership Competence: Demonstrated competence of leadership attributes & coaching capability.
- Technical & Business Competence
- AMS Process Knowledge
- HSSE Management (Risk Management, HSE Case, HEMP, Incident Classification and Investigation, Incident Control and Recovery) Knowledge
- Process Safety Awareness
- Continuous Improvement Awareness
- Process Control & Real Time Optimization Awareness
- Process Design Integrator Awareness
- Process Modeling and Analysis Awareness
- Energy, Water & Utility Systems Awareness
- Process Unit Design Awareness
- Process Unit Operations Support Awareness
- Distillation and Separation Technology Awareness
- Concept Development Knowledge
- Analysis and Problem-Solving Awareness
- Finance and Contract Procurement Awareness