Project Controls Engineer
Siemens | USA, Sacramento
- Manage development, tracking, and reporting of complex plant schedules using Primavera P6, based on inputs from functional department managers.
- Be able to have micro and macro level understanding of issues related to plant performance, forecasts, issues and trends.
- Be involved in the development of plant wide master schedules (key team member).
- Be able to simplify problems to determine impacts.
- Pro-actively drive operations managers and the broader team for mitigations and recoveries.
- Development of reports for cross-functional departments to monitor schedule performance at various levels with respect to baselines and factory manpower loading.
- Coordinate and regulate various meetings such as project progress reviews with various levels of management.
- Become a subject matter expert by driving the team to overcome roadblocks or delays through using various methods such as industry related knowledge, innovating short cuts or alternative ways, improvising plans to meet targets and the like.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field.
- Required experience: 2+ years of experience in Project Planning/Controls, Scheduling, Supply Chain Management, Project Management, Industrial, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Demonstrate strong Excel and Computer skills required.
- Required travel: 5% or less.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field preferred (e.g. Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar) with an interest in Project Management/Project Controls.
- Experience with scheduling software such as Primavera in a manufacturing or construction environment preferred but not required.
- Understanding of manufacturing/operations processes preferred.
- Knowledge of Primavera software is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of the Rail / Rolling Stock / Heavy Manufacturing Industry is a plus.
- Knowledge/Understanding of ERP/MR