Optimized Process Designs | USA, Katy
Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) has an opening for a Project Associate at our Katy, TX facility.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Work directly with a Project Manager and/or Project Director to safely, successfully, and efficiently plan and execute large EPC (engineering, design, procurement) projects under a managed budget.
- Work directly with detailed engineering disciplines within OPD (civil, electrical, etc.) to maintain required schedule milestones while also continuing to be innovative with design, efficient in execution, and compliant with Koch and engineering standards.
- Work directly with OPD field construction leadership to safely and effectively execute the construction of large gas processing facilities.
- Work with a team to plan engineering and construction activities for large gas processing facilities.
- Issue project reports and invoices to clients on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain project management and construction tools in order to continue improving the execution of large projects.
- Keep accurate accounting of project costs and change orders and be able to communicate the effects on project cost and schedule to clients and OPD management
- Provide a clear scope of work to subcontractors with all the information necessary for them to develop accurate proposals/cost estimates.
- Solicit and hire subcontractors and ensure that they perform their work in a manner that lives up to KOCH Industries/OPD policies, procedures, and standards, especially relating to safety and environmental issues.
- Participate in the development and approval of project documents
- Track project performance information including manhours, material costs, schedule, etc., and provide feedback to engineering disciplines and management.
What You Will Need: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Two (2) or more prior internships in engineering or related discipline
- Experience leveraging business relationships to achieve desired results
- Willing and able to travel 50% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead? Preferred Qualifications:
- Natural gas industry experience
- Project engineering experience
- Familiar with material gas codes and standards