Responsibilities / Duties
- Works closely with the operations team leveraging their problem solving skills and technical expertise.
- Elevates and appropriately applies knowledge of the plant and technology referencing historical data and conferring with Technology Center or other subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Ensures Most Effective Technology (MET) is understood and utilized and that process automation is used as a tool to optimize plant performance.
- Utilizes defined MET and challenges/escalates MET application and assumptions when better solutions arise.
- Partners with experts to perform advanced troubleshooting and improve and document operating discipline.
- Diagnoses and documents root causes of asset utilization losses in the facility.
- Understands why specific procedure steps and precautions are needed and keeps a strong field presence to reinforce the importance.
- Conducts daily review of logbook and alarm history to better understand the plant operation and stay engaged with daily activities.
- Maintains, owns, and reviews daily Key Process Indicators (KPI)/ trends to ensure optimum performance.
- Responds urgently to plant issues and emergencies.
- Acts as a unit technical expert during unplanned events and drives implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Provides leadership, expertise, diagnosis, and optimization in plant Raw Material Efficiency, which may include yield or waste generation.
- Ensures compliance with plant operating permits. Understands site integration and provides input to optimize the overall system.
- A minimum Bachelor's degree Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of engineering, manufacturing or related experience required; 5 years is preferred.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.