Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Production Engineer located in Carrollton, KY.
The Production Engineer serves as a vital resource for Operations by applying technical skills to optimize plant operations, resolve plant problems, and enable safe and efficient production of low cost, quality products. Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices, and procedures within job discipline. Performs routine assignments and solves standard problems using existing procedures. Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Works closely with the operations team leveraging their problem solving skills and technical expertise.
- Elevates and appropriately applies knowledge of the plant and technology referencing historical data and conferring with Technology Center or other subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Ensures Most Effective Technology (MET) is understood and utilized and that process automation is used as a tool to optimize plant performance.
- Utilizes defined MET and challenges/escalates MET application and assumptions when better solutions arise.
- Partners with experts to perform advanced troubleshooting and improve and document operating discipline.
- Diagnoses and documents root causes of asset utilization losses in the facility.
- Understands why specific procedure steps and precautions are needed and keeps a strong field presence to reinforce the importance.
- Conducts daily review of logbook and alarm history to better understand the plant operation and stay engaged with daily activities.
- Maintains, owns, and reviews daily Key Process Indicators (KPI)/ trends to ensure optimum performance.
- Responds urgently to plant issues and emergencies.
- Acts as a unit technical expert during unplanned events and drives implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Provides leadership, expertise, diagnosis, and optimization in plant Raw Material Efficiency, which may include yield or waste generation.
- Ensures compliance with plant operating permits. Understands site integration and provides input to optimize the overall system.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U. S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U. S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Domestic relocation assistance may be available for this role.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others