Production Engineer and Coordinator
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Works with Technical Advising and plant personnel to optimize operations, meet Business and plant goals.
- Participates in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills.
- Implements best practices in operations in order to optimize operations. Ensures Most Effective Technology (MET), and specific Operating Discipline requirements are in place.
- Performs appropriate Manage Production roles as determined by Plant / Business.
- Understands and applies skills and knowledge to maximize plant asset utilization and produce low cost, quality products.
- Initiates changes to Plant Operating procedures to ensure they are valid and up to date or create new procedures as necessary
- Networks with other engineers on site and within the global business to leverage knowledge on plant operations.
- As required communicate technical information and issues to plant personnel, Technology or Expertise centers.
- Be the plant Asset Utilization/Asset Capability/Maximum Asset Capability(MAC) Focal Point. Drive rate changes, optimize profiles to meet production goals while increasing MAC, maintain the AU Database, enter production data into the AU database, and calculate monthly AU/AC/AMR/MAC.
- Own and maintain the plant P&IDs.
- Take care of audits and assessments that are required by outsiders.
- Become the team leader of production loss events and lead the investigations to identify key action items so the event will not recur.
- Initiates, owns and reviews MOCs as needed.
- Provides On-Call support.
- Works with the Business Production Planning and Schedule Execution to optimize the long-term production schedule.
- Understands the Business needs relating to production and translates these Business production goals into plant production goals.
- Works with Integrated Supply Chain to ensure plant needs are met.
- Determines shutdown timing with Production Planning, Start Up/Shutdown Coordination, Operate Plant Activity Coordination, etc.
- Assists in the development of the plant specific Business rules for “Produce to Plan / Record Production Data” and ensures plant procedures are developed and used to apply the defined Business rules.
- Works with Schedule Execution to resolve exceptions to production schedules, which are not covered by Business rules; communicate with partners, facilitates the resolution, understands impact on customer and develops the plan of action.
- Ensures production metrics/measurements, required by the work processes, are collected to track work process performance as per Business rules.
- Ensures effective measurement tools are in place to track production yields, raw material conversion and asset utilization.
- Coaches plant personnel on measurement tools and daily updates of performance records and business measurements.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering is required.
- 2-5 years of manufacturing experience.
- We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.