Air Liquide | USA, Fremont
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drives a culture of “Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time” with their actions and their words on a daily basis.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource on the technical capability and capacity of the production plant. Understands the chemistry of the plant. Understands how the plant operates. Understands key Health, Safety and Environmental parameters including reactive chemical concerns and process safety requirements. Understands the customer specifications and expectations for the product.
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators for each of the plant operations under their responsibility. On a daily basis, monitors the KPIs, trends and the ultimate performance of the unit against the plant goals for personal safety, process safety, quality and productivity.
- Takes action to resolve gaps between performance and goals. Coaches plant personnel to effectively change behaviors when performance is not meeting expectations. Is capable of completing small improvement projects when required.
- Creates and updates documentation including learning resources and Standard Operating Procedures for the plant. Provides knowledge transfer to the operators and ensures it is being used.
- Develop and lead small to medium size, local capital projects to improve efficiency, reliability, safety, and product line expansion
- Coach and mentor Associate Production Engineers and Process Specialists
- Expected to be on call nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Expected to work extended hours as business needs dictate
- Successfully complete all assigned trainings and tasks
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- 3+ years experience in process, production, or project engineering
- Chemical, food or pharmaceutical plant operations experience
- On call nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Ability to work extended hours as business needs dictate
- Able to effectively work with teammates in Maintenance, R&D, Process Development, Engineering, Quality and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment)
- Experience establishing, tracking and driving gap closure with KPIs (Key Performance Metrics) or equivalent.
- Methodical data based problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification or equivalent knowledge
- 5S and Lean Manufacturing experience
- Experience working with highly hazardous chemicals at a manufacturing facility
- Process hazard analysis training; LOPA and HAZOP
- Root cause investigation training and methodology
- Able to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Working knowledge of PLC and Process Automation control systems
- Improvement project or capital project experience