Wärtsilä | Finland, Vaasa
Main responsibilities are:
- Execution of drawings, diagrams, calculations and documentation related to the Product development projects;
- Upkeep and standardization of product software;
- Cooperation with Engine’s laboratory to implement a connected portfolio;
- Development of automation hardware equipment for the GVU product;
- Responsible for the selection of appropriate equipment and suppliers;
- Identification of alternative solutions to reduce the costs and increase competitiveness of the products;
- Accountable for supporting Product Manager(s) for the internal product development projects to develop and consolidate the FGSS product portfolio;
- Represent Product Manager(s) on needed basis in both internal and external meetings.
What are we looking for
- We are looking for a young electrical or automation engineer with strong interest in alternative fuels and development projects, with hands-on practical electrical experience, both for software and hardware related aspects.
What do we expect from you
- We expect an open minded professional, with a positive attitude and focused on problem-solving.
- You can add extra value in our team if you have a pro-active attitude, solid communication skills and if you are able to cope with stress. We also hope that you are interested in travelling for short periods and to work in a service minded environment.
- M.SC or B.SC in Electrical and Automation Engineering
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Good computer and software skills
- Customer and team work oriented
- Good communication and social skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, to achieve results and to work independently
- Open to an international environment
Previous programming experience and hands-on practical electrical experience is seen as a plus.
What we offer you
- We offer you an international environment of young professionals in a fast growing business.
- We foster openness, respect and trust.
- If you feel excited about being part of a dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application, together with a CV.