The purpose of this position is to provide Process Technology engineering and technical support for intermediate systems.
- Perform comprehensive process engineering assignments
- Develop data and perform calculations for engineering functions
- Assist in preparation of Process Design Basis and Process Criteria
- Perform calculations to quantify cost impacts of design options
- Understand client objectives and goals; implement these objectives and goals in all aspects of work on the project
- Perform process studies for more complex systems
- Other duties as assigned
To be Considered Candidates:Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site., Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and three (3) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Chemical Engineering, Bio Chemical or Bio Engineering Degree required
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
- Assist in preparation of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's) for process systems and/or utility systems
- Perform equipment sizing and calculations for simple equipment, initiate equipment datasheets, and
- Input process data on instrument datasheets
- Input process data on line list
- Prepare process summaries (utilities, chemicals & catalysts, effluents & emissions and relief)
- Participate in Hazops, model reviews and drawing reviews
- Experience with Single Use Technology
- Experienced with large scale bulk drug substance manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies and antibody like proteins.
- Experience with Cell Culture, harvest downstream, upstream, Protein Purification, Clean Utilities (WFI, Clean Steam, Clean gases, CIP/SIP design).
- Experience with small scale single use manufacturing of non-antibody proteins.
- Experience with single use mix systems, chromatography system, tangential flow filtration systems, viral filtration, and depth filtration.
- Experience with blood plasma products. Experience with plasma fractionation (centrifugation & filter presses), protein purification (both stainless steel and single use), formulation, fill & finish, ethanol recovery.
- Experience with small scale monoclonal antibody and antibody drug conjugate production (both drug substance and drug product.)
- Experience with handling cyotoxic materials
- Experience with cell & gene therapy.
- Experience with Life Sciences, Pharma or Biologics