LyondellBasell | USA, Alvin
We are currently seeking to fill a Process/Production Engineer opening at LyondellBasell’s Chocolate Bayou site located near Alvin, TX. The Chocolate Bayou site has 2 manufacturing lines which produce high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic resins. The site maintains a workforce consisting of approximately 60 employees and 10 contractors. For the last 2 years LyondellBasell has been named by Forbes Magazine as one of the worlds most admired companies. We offer a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, employee discounts and pension plan. Relocation is available.
The Process/Production Engineer will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize operating units to drive process and product improvements. During a typical day they will apply technical knowledge to detect causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption. The individual will identify, recommend and implement strategic projects to improve unit performance. A process / production engineer will also collaborate with unit specialists and other engineers to support process design and implementation of capital projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, reliability, cost and quality.
- Maintain strong safety and environmental compliance focus.
- Develop recommendations to improve unit performance.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize operating units.
- Provide process design support for capital projects.
- Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results.
- Balance day-to-day operational priorities with long term strategic objectives to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Coach less experienced engineers, as well as technical training to others.
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering, previous co-op assignments in a manufacturing process engineering environment
- Knowledge of polymer processes is a plus
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a refining, petrochemical, or chemical environment.
- Demonstrated IT capability in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledgeable in chemical and process engineering aspects
- Ability to apply engineering concepts to solve performance problems
- Knowledgeable of Safety Design Systems
- Knowledgeable in the HSE/PSM regulations and relevant company OE guidelines/procedures
- Knowledgeable in the development of Process Design Packages and project scopes and related economics
- Good troubleshooting skills and techniques
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity