Georgia-Pacific | USA, Cedar Springs
Georgia-Pacific is seeking multiple Process Engineers to join the team at our Cedar Springs, GA facility. The Cedar Springs facility is one of the largest containerboard facilities in the country with three paper machines that make different weights of brown paper & containerboard paper. The customer base includes external and international customers as well as internal Georgia-Pacific box plants. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s packaging business please visit: www.gppackaging.com and view the video How Paper Is Made!
The Process Engineer will be responsible for the advancement of human technologies interaction to improve the effectiveness and overall efficiency of the current & future processes of our Paper Machines department. This position will also provide key strategic leadership to achieve operation objectives in compliance, reliability, quality and cost reductions through process/equipment optimization and operator knowledge and skills improvement.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Work closely with the Production Area Leader to optimize process activities for a large integrated paper mill
- Promote an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health, Safety and Process Safety
- Support the department to achieve and maintain compliance regarding organizational, state, and federal regulatory standards (commercial, environmental/health/safety, etc.)
- Support process operations with troubleshooting & analysis of current systems to improve the effectiveness and overall operational efficiency by reducing operator interventions to control the process, reducing variations and increasing the reliability of the equipment, and running the operation within the accepted operation envelope
- Spend time with internal customers to integrate mill initiatives within the department, including partnership with the hourly team members
- Partner with corporate teams to implement new technologies
- Provide project management leadership and support for projects that are managed locally or in partnership with corporate teams
- Initiate root cause analysis for process upsets and collaborate with Pulp Process Engineer
- Track operation run performance and develop best run practices, start-up and shutdown procedures
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Science or Engineering
- A minimum of two (2) years of Process Engineering experience in a manufacturing or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- At least 3 years of Paper Industry experience
- At least 3 years of Process Engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering or Chemistry