Process Engineering Manager
Responsibilities / Duties
- Provides technical support, coaching and consulting for project teams, operations, maintenance, and other technology centers.
- Identifies and develops both technology and work process enhancements which deliver value.
- Supports the implementation of discipline technology strategy and provides input/feedback on the strategy in specific area of expertise.
- Serves as site or regional technology focal point, providing timely technical reviews and input to complex designs and/or any variances from MET on capital projects or in support of maintenance/operations.
- Serves as the leader of the project within their discipline. Has accountability for project.
- Supports Hardware discipline technical contract package development and project implementation.
- Drives value engineering and economic designs to ensure the best value is delivered to the business.
- Support site managed project teams in the definition, evaluation, and implementation of improvement projects according to the respective business objectives and goals
- Applies Global Project Methodology (GPM) and Process Engineering Work Process Discipline.
- Provides overall planning/scheduling for discipline and monitors/maintains progress against the plan.
- Directs the activities of the process engineer members of the project team and coordinates activities with other disciplines.
- Ensures discipline design deliverables meet the needs of the project including functioning as intended, on time and within budget.
- Creates engineering deliverables including – Mass and energy balance models, process flow sheet, P&IDs, equipment lists, equipment sizing, heat transfer models, overpressure protection and process safety requirement outputs.
- Performs peer reviews of design deliverables
- Ensures that the process design is safe, meets DOW LPP’s and other EH&S requirements.
- Identifies and resolves technical problems by engaging the business technology center, subject matter experts, and technical experts.
- Applies continuous improvement, value creation, and financial acumen skills to accelerate profitability and install optimum cost projects.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required; Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years project, engineering, manufacturing, or related experience required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Experience in chemical processing is preferred.
- Completed Fundamentals of Engineering exam or Professional Engineer Certification is preferred.
Note: Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role and may be provided based on eligibility.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others