Process Engineer - Remote Operations Monitoring
Georgia-Pacific | USA, Atlanta
In our efforts to provide greater remote support to Georgia-Pacific (GP) manufacturing operations, the Georgia-Pacific’s Collaboration and Support Center (CSC), located in midtown Atlanta at Tech Square was created. The CSC team partners with operating facilities by providing collaboration and support across multi-disciplines of expertise (GP and Vendors) to achieve scalable problem solving across manufacturing sites and businesses. The team uses the best available technology with an enterprise wide approach and primarily focuses in the areas of Asset Health, Process Safety, and Process Optimization. We are currently seeking qualified professionals to fill the role of Process Engineer to support our process optimization monitoring of multiple GP sites.
Individuals in this space will need good technical skills, communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team to solve problems. This center will evolve and grow through time so the ability to be flexible and adapt as the CSC adapts to business needs will be a key capability. A successful individual in this role must be willing to take personal initiative to understand unit operations, gain relevant knowledge, engage SME's and must be able to work both individually and as a part of a team in a dynamic environment. He / she must also be responsible and responsive to the needs of the sites that operate 24/7.
We are seeking Chemical, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering Candidates, preferably with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Process Engineering
- Process Controls
- Plywood, OSB or Gypsum manufacturing
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
The daily routine to support operating locations is listed below, and the expectation is that the CSC team members will work together to support operations and cover for one another when needed.
- Start each day by reviewing areas/assets of responsibility- Deviations, Trends, Potential Problems, Diagnose and notify appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) and the site.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the process performance of the equipment using data
- Review optimization opportunities on areas/assets of responsibility - Pull SMEs, Vendors, Site into projects to optimize performance / cost / quality.
- Use advanced analytics to problem solve and identify bottlenecks or failure modes in the process
- Develop tools and capabilities to provide scalable solutions
- Work together as a CSC team (GP and Vendors) on chronic problems or large opportunities where the combined skills of the team can help to solve problems.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors or higher in Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience working in an engineering or facility operations function within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience using Functional Microsoft Office tools such as Excel (creating pivot tables, macros, graphics, and data manipulation), Word (document creation), Outlook (email and calendar), and PowerPoint (design presentations)
- Willing and able to travel to 25% of the time to domestic sites to build relationships with operations and to understand processes
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience working within a building products segment (i.e. gypsum board or wood products such as lumber, plywood or OSB).
- Process engineering and/or reliability experience within an industrial operations environment
- Data management experience with the following systems – PI, Envoy, MatLab, etc.
- Experience using analytic tools, python, R, SAS, etc.
- Experience applying Process Control fundamentals such as DCS and PLC
- Experience applying mechanical reliability fundamentals