Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply Engineering knowledge and technique to provide product engineering and chemistry support to the process of manufacturing thermoset fiberglass pipe and fittings. Involves “hands on” technical problem solving regarding manufacturing processes, the manufacturing environment, and potential material issues.
- Develop, verify, and implement product design and manufacturing solutions to satisfy a variety of market requirements.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, standards, customer requirements and related specifications. Represent the company as needed with industry groups.
- Coordinate and manage activities concerned with technical developments.
- Analyze corrosion data and laboratory test results.
- Provide information used in preparation of technical literature.
- Provide support to Quality Assurance, Application Engineering, and Sales for communication with customers regarding product related opportunities or issues.
- Participate in management and strategy sessions as requested to help guide product development efforts.
- Interface with Corporate Engineering/Product Development to schedule and monitor necessary testing and development support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or Material Science.
- At least three years of practical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience.
- Possess a high level of technical aptitude and ability to understand engineering, design, and product performance issues.
- Possess a high level of chemical aptitude and ability to recommend best suited product for corrosion applications.
- Adequate verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Available to travel as needed.