Halliburton | USA, Pasadena
Under general supervision, the Engineer II will perform assignments requiring knowledge and application of complex engineering principles. This position is responsible for the performance of the operations and achieving targeted metrics for the area they have been assigned. This includes understanding chemical processes and predicting what happens in those processes. They are typically responsible for managing large process area or multiple process areas in a plant.
- Evaluates results compared to goals and performance targets.
- Leads the day-to-day surveillance of operations, running Engineering Applications and conducting performance analysis, and initiating continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for general control system(DCS) configuration changes needed to optimize plant operations and alarm management.
- Leads risk assessments, customer technical meetings, and assists management in medium and long term planning.
- Is able to anticipate operational changes and needs and responds accordingly.
- Initiates Approval for Expenditure (AFE) that achieve the organizational and department goals and leads studies to solve recurring problems and improve operational efficiency.
- Prepares reports and participates in the knowledge management processes.
- A Bachelor’s in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required and 5 or more years of engineering experience.
- 3-5 years control system(DCS) maintenance and configuration experience
- Foxboro IA /EVO system experience preferred.