Georgia-Pacific | USA, Camden
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Monitor product quality and contribute to the overall direction and success of the Camden operations
- To supervise/coordinate production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs
- Monitor equipment for accuracy, value, and yield
- Perform process checks and studies
- Keep management informed on process variables
- Provide support in the development of standard operating procedures
- Train and use a structured approach to problem solving. Serve as a proactive leader towards improvements to products, flow, cost, recovery, quality, work processes, etc.
- Participate/Lead projects that address step change improvements and gap closure
- Assist in process optimization to maximize production rates, product quality and yield
- Develop and apply strategies to optimize on-going operations using the automation platform in conjunction with the operations, maintenance and engineering staffs at the mill.
- To take ownership of the existing safety and quality processes
- Promote employee involvement; providing coaching, feedback and direction as required
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues, provide safety training to production associates, team development, and delivering training materials in a meaningful approach
- Complete all paperwork and analysis in a timely and efficient manner
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or higher
- Experience with data analytics and statistics- college classes are sufficient
- Willingness to work in a manufacturing environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 2 years experience as a Process Engineer
- 2 years of experience working in a continuous industrial manufacturing process