Georgia-Pacific | USA, Phoenix
The Georgia-Pacific Packaging Research & Development Team is looking for a Process Engineer to support our new manufacturing facility located in Tolleson, AZ (greater Phoenix area). Due to business growth, this is an exciting opening that may provide flexibly as relates to being home-based with extensive travel. This position creates value by optimizing the manufacturing process and uptime of our new, state of the art facility.
Many of our customers are increasingly concerned about their usage of single-use plastic packaging and are seeking alternative solutions, creating the need for new forms of sustainable packaging. The ideal Process Engineer will have a converting background and engineering experience to guide the improvement of a new converting technology for a new sustainable packaging product. This individual will be responsible for working with the R&D, Commercial and Operations teams to improve pilot lines. The candidate will also be responsible to help determine the equipment design for further expansion of the product.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Designing, implementing and analyzing efficient experimental designs for testing and validating experimental hypothesis for a wide variety of innovation opportunities, including raw materials optimization, manufacturing process innovation and optimization, product design innovations, uptime improvement and quality improvement opportunities
- implementing paper web, poly web and adhesive application processes and equipment to achieve the production goals of the organization
- Effectively communicating solutions and results to key organization stakeholders
- Working with site operations leadership and R&D team members to develop and maintain R&D experiment testing schedules
- Assisting in training operators and troubleshooting issues as needed
- Managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and work independently
- Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences clearly and comfortably
- Possessing excellent documentation skills
What You Will Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or Science Discipline
- Two (2) or more years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment to improve product quality, machine uptime and reduce costs
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% of the time if Phoenix based or up to 90% of the time if working remote-based
- Willing and able to work in in a manufacturing setting
- Willing to able to work non-traditional shifts and for periods up to twelve hours to include nights, weekends as business needs require
What Will Put You Ahead?
- MS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, or Paper Science
- Two (2) or more years’ experience developing and executing designed experiments for evaluating products for improvements in performance, cost, and quality
- Five (5) or more years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment to improve product quality, machine uptime and reduce costs
- Experience in paper or converting industries
- Competency in statistics and using statistical software packages such as JMP, SAS, or R