Georgia-Pacific | USA, Sweetwater
The Process Engineer is responsible for reducing manufacturing costs, identifying and eliminating sources of waste and process variation, and for supporting the commercializing new raw material, product and process innovations. The Process Engineer routinely gathers and analyzes key performance data on process, product and equipment to identify strategic improvements that create value. This role provides process engineering oversight for the entire manufacturing process, from raw materials to finished goods, and effectively works with Operations, Quality and Reliability to measurably improve quality, increase production / yield, and eliminate waste. The Process Engineer frequently leads teams in the execution of improvement projects to accomplish these goals. This role works in conjunction with Division teams to conduct trials that commercialize innovation in raw materials, finished product and process equipment. In this function, the Process Engineer may plan and conduct trials, analyze and confirm process data, prepare the business rationale for new technology and manage approved projects.
What You Will Need:
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical, Chemical or Materials Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Two (2) or more years of process engineering, and/or building products manufacturing experience
- One (1) or more years of experience with Root Cause Analysis, performance gap identification and analysis, and project or program planning and execution
- Able to travel up to 20% for training, to provide technical assistance to other plants, and to support division-wide process engineering projects and initiatives
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office Products (Word/Excel/Outlook/Powerpoint)
- One (1) or more years of experience with data mining and analysis
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Six Sigma training and certification
- Statistical Process Controls (SPC) experience
- Experience leading improvement teams
- Process mapping and optimization skills
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS); CAD; Solidworks