Process Engineer (Electrolysis)
Air Liquide | Poland, Kraków
Missions and Responsibilities
The person to be developed to ensure execution of projects in Electrolysis technologies, having general process engineering knowledge and experience which will also support projects based on other AL technologies. The Process Engineer Electrolysis is an engineering professional whose role is to participate in the design of a process unit, to establish process design basis, to perform process calculations, to develop process options and optimization of selected design. The Process Engineer applies advanced engineering techniques and shall perform work independently. The Process Engineer can be assigned to perform work on a different stage of product development: starting from proposal, feasibility study, through basic engineering, FEED and detail engineering up to commissioning and start-up.
In scope of key responsibilities will be:
- Develop safe, reliable, efficient and innovative technological solutions for our customers,
- Maintain and share knowledge about Electrolysis technology,
- Develop process design as e.g. simulation (AspenPlus, Pro/II), PFDs, P&IDs and control & safety concepts,
- Execute/ perform: equipment design, hydraulic calculations, specifications of safety devices, instrumentation, piping, development of plant layout, development of documentation,
- Contribute to review meetings (HAZOP/SIL, model review, etc.),
- Project Execution: studies, FEED, basic and detail engineering,
- Proposal Execution,
- Interfaces to other disciplines, Client and Vendors (including review meetings),
- Commissioning and start-up support.
Reporting line & localisation:
- Process Integration Engineer reports directly to the Team Manager, Electrolysis.
- This role is located in Kraków, Poland and requires worldwide business trips.
Competencies and Profile
- Master Degree or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemistry or similar,
- 3-5 years experience in a plant engineering company as Process Engineer,
- Knowledge of software tools:AspenPlus, PRO/II, HTRI of advantage,
- Eager to work in a multicultural team, willing to travel short and long term (3-6 months) to other engineering centers and construction sites worldwide,
- Fluency in English is a must,
- Passion for technical challenges, innovative and solution-driven mindset.