How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Apply Chemical Engineering fundamentals to solve technical problems involving unit operations, operating conditions and/or process technology improvements.
- Utilize available resources and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to leverage knowledge into process designs and solutions to technical problems.
- Provide front-end loading (preliminary and conceptual engineering) for cost effective design for chemical manufacturing capital projects.
- Interface with Process Development teams (R&D) to provide chemical process design and operational input.
- Utilize project methodology and engineering work processes to implement projects in order to maximize project team effectiveness and project success.
- Work effectively and efficiently with Design Engineering, Process Automation, Manufacturing, Project Managers and other stakeholders in the execution of capital projects and consulting on technical issues.
- Provide engineering expertise and participate in troubleshooting of technology issues in collaboration with operations, technology, and R&D personnel.
- Develop Process Engineering outputs, such as Process Flowsheets, Material and Energy Balances, P&IDs, Equipment Specs, etc., with accuracy, completeness and high quality.
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) activities, applying chemical engineering knowledge to reduce risk.
- Collaborate with process development teams to perform retrofit and/or new process design evalutions for implementation of manufacturing strategies for new products.
- Develop and implement Process Engineering best practices.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- At least 5 years of previous experience in Process Engineering design work would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of chemical process simulation and modeling, pressure relief design, and/or Process Safety Management (PSM) would be advantageous.
- Six-Sigma training or certification would be advantageous.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS / COMPETENCIES
LEADERSHIP: Lead by example. Motivate and energize others to achieve Process Engineering objectives in straightforward and diverse situations. Analyze and define problems, generate and prioritize solutions and implement to achieve results both individually and within the team environment.
INITIATIVE: Take independent action. Influence events to achieve results. Demonstrate bias for action and understand management of risk. Prioritize and meet multiple demands. Be responsive to clients’ needs.
INTERPERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS: Communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and with key stakeholders. Communicate ideas effectively. Explain the rationale behind decisions. Build relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate accomplishing objectives.
TEAMWORK: Collaborate with others to develop plans to achieve overall business goals. Actively participate in and lead teams to achieve objectives.
PROCESS ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply and leverage Chemical Engineering fundamentals and the Process Engineering and project work processes.
Location and Travel Requirements:
- This position is located in Midland, MI. with opportunity for some flexible virtual/hybrid work arrangements.
- Travel will likely be rare, but it could include domestic and foreign travel to support Corteva projects and assets, or to attend off-site training courses.