Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide front-end loading (preliminary and conceptual engineering) for cost effective design for chemical manufacturing capital projects.
- Apply Chemical Engineering fundamentals to solve technical problems in regards to unit operations, operating conditions and/or process technology improvements.
- Interface with Process Development teams (R&D) to provide chemical process design and operational input.
- Utilize project methodology and engineering work processes to implement projects in order to maximize project team effectiveness and project success.
- Utilize available resources and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to leverage knowledge into process designs and solutions to technical problems.
- Work effectively and efficiently with Design Engineering, Process Automation, Manufacturing, Project Managers and other stakeholders in the execution of projects.
- Develop Process Engineering outputs, such as Process Flowsheets, Material and Energy Balances, P&IDs, Equipment Specs, etc., with accuracy, completeness and high quality.
- Collaborate with Process Development (R&D) teams to perform retro-fit and/or new process design evalutions for implementation of manufacturing strategies for new molecules.
- Develop and implement best practices as a part of the build and modify process.
- As a member of capital project teams, collaborate with other functions and stakeholders for the efficient execution of projects.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering
- At least 2 years of previous experience in Process Engineering, Manufacturing, and/or Process Automation would be advantageous
- Six-Sigma training or certification would be advantageous
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS / COMPETENCIES
- LEADERSHIP: Lead by example. Motivate and energize others to achieve Process Engineering objectives in straightforward and diverse situations. Analyze and define problems, generate and prioritize solutions and implement to achieve results both individually and within the team environment.
- INITIATIVE: Take independent action. Influence events to achieve results. Demonstrate bias for action and understand management of risk. Prioritize and meet multiple demands. Be responsive to clients’ needs.
- INTERPERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS: Communicate effectively with all levels in the organization and with key stakeholders. Communicate ideas effectively. Explain the rationale behind decisions. Build relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate accomplishing objectives.
- TEAMWORK: Collaborate with others to develop plans to achieve overall business goals. Actively participate in and lead teams to achieve objectives.
- PROCESS ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply and leverage Chemical Engineering fundamentals and the Process Engineering and project work processes.
Location and Travel Requirements:
- This position is located in Midland, MI.
- Travel will likely be rare, but it could include domestic and foreign travel to support Corteva projects and assets, or to attend off-site training courses
A minimum requirement for this U.S.-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or qualifying Asylee / Refugee.)
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!