Chevron | USA, Pascagoula
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide process troubleshooting support, make technical recommendations, answer technical inquiries, improve process engineering tools, and develop process procedures.
- Provide support to and carry out reliability and hazard analysis studies to improve plant safety, reliability, and economics.
- Help identify gaps between current performance and best-in-class and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct test runs to optimize process variables and evaluate plant performance.
- Provide technical recommendations and engineering support during planned unit turnarounds. This work may entail work at heights and confined space entry.
- Works in collaboration with specialists and engineers of other disciplines.
- Networks with subject matter experts in other facilities to leverage shared expertise.
- Provides requested technical advice and recommendations to project teams within the required time frames.
- Influence and improve work processes across the refinery.
- Individual schedules may require flexibility to respond to refinery upsets during off-hours.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of 1 years of related engineering experience in the chemical, petrochemical, refining, oil and gas or power industries.
- Proven ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- An aptitude for good cross-functional communication, displaying technically competence, being proactive and delivering results.
- operation support engineering assignments or process design work for capital projects.
- Demonstrate role model behavior supporting the Chevron principles and values including support for diversity, leadership, teamwork, customer focus, and personal/process safety.
- Prior experience supporting major turnarounds and/or capital project execution.
- An aptitude for practical application of the chemical engineering fundamentals of mass transfer/distillation, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, process control, and kinetics.
- Familiarity with process monitoring tools and process modeling software. PI, Seeq, PROII, etc.
- Awareness of Process Safety Management concepts and principles such as PHA, LOPA, AOA, IOWs, etc.