We are seeking a leader like you to provide expertise and oversee the Port Arthur Process Control and Systems Group. The Process Control Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a 2-3-year plan to improve and standardize company/site controls systems. The plan will include assessing and upgrading existing infrastructure, including DCS/PLC systems, trending/analysis tools, and field instrumentation. You will also work with the manufacturing network to implement improved controls strategies and intelligent/advanced process control systems.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your Chemical Engineering or related Engineering background and extensive chemical plant experience, you will demonstrate visionary thinking in the area of Process Control and Systems, recommending/championing and implementing best practices and latest technology available for a large, complex Steam Cracking Site
- Your industrial experience in Process Control for continuously operating chemical plants (preferably at sites that manufacture large volumes of petrochemicals) will serve you well as you allocate process controls or systems engineering resources to optimize existing plant controls by developing and implementing improved regulatory controls strategies and advances process controls where stability and optimization benefits can be achieved
- You will provide higher-level technical expertise and analytical resources in troubleshooting process controls and other control systems issues related to operational problems/upsets on an as-needed basis to ensure day-to-day plant reliability and optimization
- Tapping into your previous leadership experience, you will implement high performance teamwork within the Process Controls Group through coaching, evaluating performance, administering compensation programs, encouraging training, seeking career development opportunities, and planning personnel successions
- You will support productivity initiatives targeting reduced raw material and energy consumption, increased production rates, and improved product quality as well as oversee compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements promoting a safe working environment
- You will communicate progress monthly to manufacturing and business organizations, indicating progress versus plan and upcoming initiatives
- You will lead the discovery and selection of key partners and suppliers for future investments in process controls
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.