Process Controls Engineer
Air Liquide | USA, Houston
Air Liquide Large Industries U.S. LP seeks Process Controls Engineer to work in Houston, Texas to:
- Identify opportunities where Advanced Process control (APC) applications will improve process efficiency, operational consistency
- Build value/acceptance of APC applications within Operations, Zone and Plant Management and Operators, through discussion, training and demonstrated success
- Assist with detailed project scope, cost estimates and benefits to justify APC projects, secure funding
- Implement new/revamp projects within budget and on schedule;
- Collect/analyze process data; perform step testing; identify key (control, deviation, manipulated) variables; develop APC models for required operating modes within an Air Separation Unit (ASU); using these models, implement multivariable process control (MVPC) using GMaxC software to optimize plant operations, production energy efficiency
- Develop practical ASU process experience
- Investigate/propose/implement alternative APC concepts and software applications; e.g., Model Free Adaptive Control;
- Support APC engineering practices that establish standard hardware, software and applications
- Provide 24x7 technical support as required for existing MVPC applications;
- Work closely with plant optimization engineers to establish/modify process control strategies
- Provide proactive remote monitoring of advanced process control performance and utilization; provide feedback/reports to Operations management for tracking return on investment
- Provide continuous improvement of APC and automation strategies
- Provide automation (DCS/PLC) configuration support for APC interface, control strategy implementation, testing;
- Utilize practical knowledge of process control theory;
- Work with advanced process controls in an industrial gas environment;
- Work with MVPC software (Intelligent Optimization GMaxC controller preferred, Aspen DMC+ acceptable)
- Work with Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows XP and other early versions);
- Utilize familiarity with Automation Platform (Ex: DeltaV, APACS, Foxboro, Yokogawa, PLC systems)
- Work with communication protocols such as DDE, OPC or Suitelink;
- Work with documentation including write-up of project proposals, estimates and application scope description.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering plus 2 years of process industry experience in cryogenic air separation process technology or distillation process technology with at least 2 years experience in programmable control system specification, configuration, networking, commissioning and technical support with a mix of plant and corporate engineering environments.
- Air Liquide will not accept resumes from third party vendors. Any resumes received from an agency through this website will be considered free of any fees or changes.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Everyone will be considered for employment, promotions, transfers, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disabilities, age, Vietnam era veteran status, disabled veteran status, separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, other protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.