Process Automation Engineers
Dow | Netherlands, Terneuzen
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Participate in process automation team(s) responsible for implementation of process automation solutions to capture improvement opportunities.
- Meet aggressive project improvement goals, and plan, track and drive the implementation to achieve those goals
- Develop process automation strategies for process technologies
- Programming of automation applications for ABB Industrial IT, 800xA distributed control system
- Writing simulation applications in order to verify functionality of the automation program and for training plant operators
- Participate in project commissioning and startup activities, including tuning of control loops
- Ensures that the process automation is safe, meets DOW LPP’s and other EH&S requirements;
- Identifies technical problems and appropriately engages the business technology center and SME network to resolve;
- Develops knowledge and skills in all aspects of Process Automation;
- Applies Global Project Methodology (GPM) and Process Automation Work Process Discipline;
- Obtains basic knowledge of unit operations and Chemical Engineering fundamentals;
- Ensures discipline design deliverables for their discipline meet the needs of the project: functions as intended, on time and within budget;
- Ensures that the project scope is well defined and meets the business needs in a cost-effective manner;
- Support the documentation efforts for equipment validation and operating procedures;
- Lead troubleshooting efforts, analyze data and help drive key process related decisions;
- Deliver value to Dow businesses through effective use of continuous improvement methodologies, asset utilization and project work processes
- Perform process automation improvement investigation(s) as per Dow’s work process methodology
- Must be willing to work on projects at different geographies / locations
- Demonstrates technical leadership skills: negotiation skills, assertiveness, flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Able to work effectively across cultures and time zones
- Deliver the identified value, and meet the agreed upon project milestones
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Master of Science Degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent Process Automation/Chemical Industry experience) is required.
- Broad knowledge and skills in all aspects of Process Control Engineering with a minimum of 5 years in a process control role is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a chemical manufacturing plant is required.
- In depth knowledge of applying ABB Industrial IT distributed control systems or equivalent.
- Flexibility and self-initiative required to support several simultaneous projects.
- Recognized and excellent interpersonal skills along with teamwork.
- Fluent in English is required, fluent in Dutch or willing to learn.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others