Process & Automation Engineer
- Dow Operations offers employees the opportunity to use science to build an exciting career with the opportunity to explore, exchange ideas, and make a meaningful difference on global challenges. Currently we are looking to hire a Process & Automation Engineer to join us in Erstein, France. Can you picture yourself on the team?
- Our Erstein site hosts Dow Polyurethanes' production, research and technical support activities in France.
- The site manufactures polyurethane systems used in particular for the shock-proof coating of children's play areas, floor coverings, insulation foam for construction, or glues, paints, seals and sound-absorbing materials for the automobile.
- The site is also specialized in the manufacture of polyurethane elastomers, used in high performance applications as diverse as offshore buoys, mechanical parts and inking roller coatings becoming the only Dow polyurethane elastomer production site in the world.
- As Production & Automation Engineer you are the responsible to maintain the production lines in service - by giving technical advice, troubleshooting, cooperating in the daily operations – and to develop the control strategy based on the process design and safety regulations. Your goal is to run the plant in the most safe and reliable way to produce prime product at the lowest cost to a maximum share in the business. You’re required to expanded conceptual and practical knowledge in your own job discipline while also broadening your capabilities
- To find and implement the best solutions, you will work closely together with the operations team, technology center and other subject matter experts. Therefore, you do not only have good technical knowledge, but also possess good communication and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities within this role:
- Elevates and appropriately applies knowledge of the plant and technology referencing historical data and conferring with Technology Center or other subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Ensures Most Effective Technology (MET) is understood and utilized and that process automation is used as a tool to optimize plant performance.
- Partners with experts to perform advanced troubleshooting and improve and document operating discipline.
- Responsible for the production processes of the finished products on site (creation of new and maintaining of current)
- Regular interactions with production to improve and update production processes are expected
- Translates EH&S requirements into the production processes
- Integrates new recipes in the process control system and updates existing ones as needed
- Conducts daily review of logbook and alarm history to better understand the plant operation and stay engaged with daily activities.
- Acts as a unit technical expert during unplanned events and drives implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Leads process control team(s) responsible for implementation of process control solutions to capture improvement opportunities.
- Set aggressive project improvement goals, and plan, track and drive the implementation team to achieve those goals
- Writes simulation applications in order to verify functionality of the control program and for training plant operators
- Participates in project commissioning and startup activities, including tuning of control loops
Required candidate experience:
- Master of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering or Process Automation.
- Broad knowledge and skills in all aspects of Process Control Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a chemical manufacturing plant is required.
- In depth knowledge and hand-on experience on commercial distributed control systems from Siemens in order to implement process automation and process safety applications
- Fluent in French and English
- Good communication skills and problem-solving skills
- As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others