Process Automation Engineer
Air Liquide | USA, Woburn
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a safety role model; promote a high level of safety awareness; adhere to and support the continuous improvement of all safety practices / procedures.
- Maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot existing automation systems including PLC’s, data acquisition systems, and communications network.
- Maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot existing instrumentation at the plant site.
- Participate in the design and implementation of continuous improvement projects related to instrumentation, automation, controls and monitoring systems.
- Work with Process Control Engineer and Manufacturing personnel to ensure reliable operation of equipment and control systems for polymer solution preparation, fiber spinning, washing, dehydration, and coating, bundle/cartridge forming, winding, and casting, bundle/cartridge post-treatment, bundle/cartridge testing
- Work with Process Control Engineer and Manufacturing personnel in providing detailed technical instructions and guidance for operators in running of systems
- Interact with other members of the Technology Group, R&D, Manufacturing and Maintenance to accomplish the tasks
Qualifications and Competencies
- BS Electrical Engineering or comparable work experience accepted
- 2+ years experience in maintaining industrial process automation control systems (examples: Allen-Bradley PLC’s, FT View, FT Historian, FT Batch) and instrumentation and repair of mechanical systems
- Solid understanding of VMWare ESXI, Rockwell MES or comparable system
- Strong hands on electrical troubleshooting skills of industrial equipment
- Strong troubleshooting skills and problem-solving capability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English language
- Ability to read and write workflows in complex multi-step processes
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Team player with the ability to interact with various plant personnel
- Willingness and ability to assume on-call responsibilities